Last Updated: 10/10/17
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES
- use the Sites and Services in any manner that violates any relevant law or that infringes, misappropriates or violates any third party’s rights, including, but not limited to, transmitting any Content that may infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s rights of publicity, contractual rights, fiduciary rights or intellectual property rights;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, modify, sell, re-sell or exploit any Content or the Sites and Services for any commercial, educational, or any other non-personal purpose or any for any purpose unrelated to your decision to rent or not rent to a particular Tenant, without the express written consent of PerfectRenters, which consent may be withheld by PerfectRenters in our sole discretion;
- post irrelevant Content, repeatedly post the same or similar Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Sites and Services or any activities conducted on the Sites and Services;
- harass, threaten, intimidate, impersonate, or attempt to impersonate, any other person, falsify your contact or other information, misrepresent a relationship with any Tenant, person or entity, including misrepresenting a relationship with PerfectRenters, or otherwise attempt to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a review or rating;
- knowingly provide or submit false or misleading information, including any Tenant review or rating;
- post any review or rating of any Tenant who has not first been notified in writing in their rental application or rental agreement that they may be the subject of an online review of their conduct and history as tenants (we strongly recommend adding a similar notice to all of your rental applications and lease forms).
- use the Sites and Services if you are under the age of eighteen (18);
- take any action that would undermine the review and rating process under the Sites and Services;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Sites and Services, other user accounts, or other computer systems or networks connected to the Sites and Services;
- use the Sites and Services in any way that could interfere with the rights of PerfectRenters or the rights of other users of the Sites and Services;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Sites and Services, or any other systems or networks connected to the Sites and Services or to any server used by PerfectRenters by hacking, password ‘mining’, or any other illegitimate or unauthorized means, including attempting to obtain password, account, or any other personal or private information from any other Sites and Services user;
- transmit or submit any transmission or other materials that are encrypted or that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, spiders, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are likely or intended to damage, interfere with, disrupt, impair, disable or otherwise overburden the Sites and Services;
- access, download, monitor, or copy any information contained on our Sites and Services through artificial means (including but not limited to use of any ‘deep-link’, ‘scraper’, ‘robot’, ‘spider’ or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent automatic or manual process, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Sites and Services or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any Content, materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Sites and Services; or
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Sites and Services or any network connected to the Sites and Services, nor breach the security or authentication measures on or of the Sites and Services or any network connected to the Sites and Services. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of the Sites and Services, or any other customer of PerfectRenters, including any PerfectRenters account not owned by you, to its source, or exploit the Sites and Services or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Sites and Services, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information other than your own information, except as expressly authorized by PerfectRenters and provided for by the Sites and Services.
We may require that you create an account to use or access certain parts of the Sites and Services and use certain products and features. We may require that you provide login information such as a username and password to access and utilize your account. As a condition of your use of the Sites and Service, you agree to: (a) provide PerfectRenters with true, accurate, current and complete information as prompted by PerfectRenters’s registration forms, when registering for or using the Sites and Services and (b) update and maintain the truthfulness, accuracy and completeness of such information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password or other account information not generally available to others and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. While there are limited, legitimate reasons for creating multiple accounts, creating serial or overlapping accounts may result in account termination. Please contact us if you have questions about managing multiple accounts.
SUBMITTING CONTENT; SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
As a condition of submitting any Content or other materials to the Sites or Services, you agree that:
- you grant to PerfectRenters a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, nonexclusive, transferable, and sublicensable license to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, merge, distribute, publicly display, create derivative works from, and incorporate such Content into other works;
- you grant to PerfectRenters all rights necessary to publish or refrain from publishing your name and address in connection with your Content; sublicense through multiple tiers the Content, and acknowledge that this license cannot be terminated by you once your Content is submitted to the Sites and Services;
- you grant to PerfectRenters all rights necessary to prohibit the subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, distribution, or exploitation of your Content by any other party;
- all of your reviews and ratings of the Tenants that you are rating will be accurate, honest, truthful, and complete in all respects;
- you will not submit any reviews that may be considered by PerfectRenters to be infringing, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, obscene, profane, hateful, offensive, harmful, vulgar, distasteful, defamatory, or otherwise violates any relevant law or right of any other party, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- all of your reviews and ratings will be solely based upon your (or your designated agent’s) actual, first-hand experiences with the Tenants you are reviewing;
- you are not in any way related (by friendship, blood, adoption, or marriage) to any of the Tenants for which you submit reviews or ratings;
- you have not received any form of compensation to post reviews and ratings;
- you are solely responsible for your reviews and ratings;
- PerfectRenters may, in its sole discretion and without notice to you, choose to remove or not to remove reviews and ratings once published;
- you will not submit reviews that comment on other users or the reviews of other users;
- your specific ratings or reviews of a Tenant may be made available to that Tenant upon that Tenant's written request (although your name and specific personal information will not be shared, unless such disclosure is in our sole discretion necessary to satisfy any laws, regulations, subpoenas or government requests, or in connection with any litigation;
- you will not submit reviews with hyperlinks; or
- the reviews and ratings that you provide do not reflect the views of PerfectRenters, its officers, managers, owners, employees, agents, designees or other users.
PUBLICATION AND DISTRIBUTION OF CONTENT
PerfectRenters does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, quality, or appropriateness of any Content transmitted to or through the Service. You acknowledge that PerfectRenters simply acts as a passive conduit and an interactive computer service provider for the publication and distribution of Content. You understand that all Content posted on, transmitted through or linked through the Service, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. You understand that PerfectRenters does not control, and is not responsible for Content made available through the Service, and that by using the Service, You may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, misleading, or offensive. You agree that You must evaluate and make Your own judgment, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content.
You agree that PerfectRenters may establish general practices, policies and limits, which may or may not be published, concerning the use of the Sites and Services, including without limitation, the time that reviews and ratings will be retained, the maximum number of reviews and ratings that may be sent from an account, the length of reviews and ratings sent, and the maximum number of times and the maximum duration for which you may access the Sites and Services in a given period of time. You agree that PerfectRenters has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content or other materials maintained or transmitted by or through the Sites and Services. You agree that PerfectRenters has the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
TENANT AND THIRD PARTY INFORMATION
PerfectRenters does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content or other information or data relating to any Tenant or third party. You agree that should you use or rely on such Content or other information or data relating to any Tenant or third party, PerfectRenters is not responsible or liable, indirectly or directly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with such use or reliance. Your dealings with, or decision to rent or not rent to any Tenant or third party, and any other terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with such dealings, are between you and such Tenant exclusively and do not involve PerfectRenters. You should always make whatever investigation or utilize any other resources that you deem necessary or appropriate before renting to or extending the rental term of any Tenants.
Third parties may link or otherwise direct Internet users to our Sites and Services for the purpose of utilizing one or more of the services we provide on behalf of others. Additionally, we may provide links or otherwise direct you to third party websites. PerfectRenters does not control or operate any such third party websites. Any information you provide to these third party websites while on these third party websites is subject to the respective policies of those third parties, and not PerfectRenters’s policies. It is your responsibility to review such third party policies, including any relevant privacy policies. You agree that PerfectRenters will not be responsible or liable for, and does not endorse any Content, advertising, goods or services provided on or through these outside websites or for your use or inability to use such websites. PerfectRenters does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give to any third party sites. You use these third party websites at your own risk.
You agree that PerfectRenters is not responsible for the unavailability of any Tenant or for your interactions and dealings with them. You further waive the right to bring or assert any claim against PerfectRenters relating to any interactions or dealings with any Tenant and release PerfectRenters from any and all liability for or relating to any interactions or dealings with Tenants.
Without limiting the foregoing, your correspondence or business dealings with, consumption of products or services of, or participation in promotions of, third parties found on or through the use of the Sites and Services, including payment for and delivery or fulfillment of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. You agree that PerfectRenters shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings with or as the result of the presence of such third parties on the Sites and Services.
TERMINATION OF ACCESS
PerfectRenters may terminate your privilege to use or access the Sites and Services immediately and without notice for any reason whatsoever. Upon such termination, you must immediately cease accessing or using the Sites and Services and agree not to access or make use of, or attempt to use, the Sites and Services. Furthermore, you acknowledge that PerfectRenters reserves the right to take action -- technical, legal, or otherwise -- to block, nullify or deny your ability to access the Sites and Services. You understand that PerfectRenters may exercise this right in its sole and absolute discretion, and this right shall be in addition to and not in substitution for any other rights and remedies available to PerfectRenters.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA USERS
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California web users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Services are provided by PerfectRenters, Ltd., 302 Brome St., Yellow Grass, Saskatchewan, S0G 5J0. If You have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding the Services, please contact PerfectRenters by either sending: (i) an email to email@example.com; or (ii) a letter, first class certified mail, to PerfectRenters, Ltd., 302 Brome St., Box 247, Yellow Grass, Saskatchewan, S0G 5J0, Attn: Member Services. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210 or Hearing Impaired at TDD (800) 326-2297 or TDD (916) 322-1700.
TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHTS
PerfectRenters, and other Sites and Services graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are the trademarks or trade dress of PerfectRenters in the U.S. and/or other countries. These trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, keyword advertisements, or email addresses, or in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion with that of PerfectRenters or the other Sites and Services.
You should assume all Content and material made available on the Sites and Services is protected by copyright law. Aside from user-submitted Content, all other materials and other information on the Sites and Services, including, but not limited to, all text, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio and video clips, downloads, data compilations and software are the exclusive property of PerfectRenters and/or its licensors and are protected by all United States and international copyright laws.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, Title 17 of the United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”), PerfectRenters will respond promptly to claims of copyright or trademark infringement that are reported to the agent that we have designated to receive notifications of claims infringement (its “Designated Agent”). Our Designated Agent is:
302 Brome St., Box 247
Yellow Grass, Saskatchewan
Attn: General Counsel
If You are a copyright or trademark owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or trademark owner) and believe that Your work’s copyright or trademark has been infringed, please report Your notice of infringement to us by providing our Designated Agent with a written notification of claimed infringement that includes substantially the following:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work or trademark claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works or trademarks at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact You, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which You may be contacted;
- a statement that You have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright or trademark owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that You are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
PerfectRenters will investigate notices of copyright and trademark infringement and take appropriate actions under the DMCA. Inquiries that do not follow this procedure may not receive a response.
DELAYS AND ACCESSIBILITY
The Sites and Services may be subject to limitations, delays, failure, and other problems inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications. PerfectRenters is not responsible for any delays, failures, or other damage resulting from such problems.
PerfectRenters appreciates hearing from you, as well as our other users, and welcomes your comments regarding our Sites and Services. Please be advised, however, that our policy does not permit us to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, or materials other than those which we have specifically requested. Although we do value your feedback on our Sites and Services, please be specific in your comments regarding our services and do not submit creative ideas, suggestions or materials. If, despite our request, you send us creative suggestions, ideas, drawings, concepts or other information (collectively, the “Submissions”), you acknowledge that any such Submissions shall be considered assigned to and become the exclusive property of PerfectRenters upon their submittal. In addition, none of the Submissions will be subject to any right of compensation or obligations of confidentiality and PerfectRenters will not be liable to you for, and you waive any right, title, or interest in, any future use, adaptation, transfer, licensing, or disclosure of such Submissions, whether in whole or in part.
WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMERS
You acknowledge that PerfectRenters has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to or use the Sites and Services; what effects the Content on or in connection with the Sites and Services may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content on or in connection with the Sites and Services; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content on or in connection with the Sites and Services. You release PerfectRenters from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired the Content or information through the Sites and Services. The Sites and Services may contain, or direct you to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. PerfectRenters makes no representations concerning any of the Content contained in or accessed through the Sites and Services, and PerfectRenters will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Sites and Services. PerfectRenters makes no guarantee or warranty, express or implied, as to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of that information and assumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions therein.
YOU AGREE TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITES AND SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITES AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN ‘AS-IS, AS-AVAILABLE’ BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. NEITHER PERFECTRENTER NOR ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS RESULTING FROM USE OR UNAVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION OR CONTENT ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITES AND SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO DATA, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, COMPENSATORY OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS DISCLAIMER IS APPLICABLE TO ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY RESULTING FROM NEGLIGENCE OR OMISSION OF PERFECTRENTER, COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHER SIMILAR ITEM, TELECOMMUNICATIONS ERRORS, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR USE OF USER INFORMATION THROUGH THEFT OR ANY OTHER MEANS. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR CRIMINAL, TORTUOUS, OR NEGLIGENT ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTIES THAT AFFECT THE SITES AND SERVICES. IN NO EVENT WILL PERFECTRENTER OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, ASSIGNS OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY TORTIOUS OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS. IN NO EVENT WILL PERFECTRENTER OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES OR ASSIGNS BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT, HARDWARE OR OTHER PROPERTY OF USER OR PERSONAL INJURY THAT ARISES IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE SITES AND SERVICES.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THE TERMS, PERFECTRENTER DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (I) THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME WE MAY REMOVE THE SERVICE FOR INDEFINITE PERIODS OF TIME, OR CANCEL THE SERVICE AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU.
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, PERFECTRENTER’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
PERFECTRENTER SHALL USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROTECT INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, BUT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SUBMISSION OF SUCH INFORMATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND PERFECTRENTER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR LIABILITY RELATING TO SUCH INFORMATION IN ANY WAY.
PerfectRenters has no control over and no duty to take any action regarding: other users’ behavior; what effects Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to Content. You release PerfectRenters from any and all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Sites and Services. PerfectRenters makes no representations concerning any Content, including the accuracy thereof, contained in or accessed through the Sites and Services, and PerfectRenters will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material, information, or data contained in or accessed through the Sites and Services.
The Sites and Services may display links to other Internet sites or resources. Because PerfectRenters has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that PerfectRenters is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that PerfectRenters shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- If you use computer programming routines that are intended to aggregate records or reports from the Sites and Services or otherwise damage, interfere with, disrupt, impair, disable or otherwise overburden the Sites and Services, you agree to pay Five Hundred Dollars ($500) for each report or record that is aggregated, disrupted, damaged or otherwise affected by you.
PerfectRenters collects information on our users in various ways, such as, by your voluntary submissions, participation in services provided via the Site and Services, from third parties with your consent, and through cookie and other tracking technology. PerfectRenters collects the following information:
"Personal Information" refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name, phone number, email, postal address, and possibly information relating to certain support or customer service issues. In many cases, we need this information to provide to you many of the services that you may have requested.
- Submission of Reviews, Ratings, and Comments
We collect information that you voluntarily provide as part of our Site and Services, including messages, posts, comments, responses, reviews, and ratings you submit through the Site and Services, ("User Generated Content"). PerfectRenters may in our sole discretion share your User Generated Content with other members or account holders. If you do not want certain information shared with others, you should not submit User Generated Content or should not submit User Generated Content that contains information or Personal Information you do not want shared in this manner. Once You have submitted User Generated Content, we reserve the right to publish or not publish it in any medium to others.
We may collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Site and Services, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Site, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they click on. This information represents a generic overview of our users, including their collective viewing habits, and allows us and other third parties to modify information, promotions, offers and/or discounts on products and services based on user traffic and behavior. We collect this information through the use of technologies such as 'cookies' and web beacons, which are discussed in greater detail below. We collect this information in order to help enhance the Site and Services to make for a better visitor experience.
We may supplement information you provide to us with information from other sources, such as information to validate or update your address, payment card or other demographic and lifestyle information. We use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to enable us to fulfill our products and services, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services and offers that may be of interest, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission.
- Other Tracking Technologies
Tracking technologies may record information such as Internet domain and host names; protocol (IP) addresses; browser software and operating system types; clickstream patterns; the MAC address or other technical information from your mobile device; location information through GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, or similar technologies; and dates and times that our Site and Services are accessed. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web. Web servers, the computers that 'serve up' web pages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. The Site and Services may also use technology called "tracer tags". These may also be referred to as "Pixels", "Clear GIFs" or "Web Beacons". This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our Site and other ways you interact with our Site and Services, such as purchases made through the Site and Services. These tracer tags are used to help us to optimize and tailor our Site and Services for you and other users of our Site and Services.
Use of Information
The information PerfectRenters collects is used in a variety of ways, including
Disclosures and Transfers of Information
- for internal review;
- to improve the Site and Services;
- to verify the legitimacy of reviews and ratings;
- to notify you about updates to the Site and Services;
- to get reviews and ratings; and
- internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission; and to carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
We do not disclose Personal Information to third parties, except when one or more of the following conditions is true:
- We have your permission to make the disclosure;
- The disclosure is necessary for the purpose for which the personal information was obtained;
- The disclosure is permitted by relevant law;
- The Personal Information to be disclosed is otherwise publicly available in accordance with the applicable law;
- The disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets;
- The party to whom the disclosure is made controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with PerfectRenters;
- The disclosure is in our sole discretion necessary for the establishment or maintenance of legal claims or legal compliance, to satisfy any law, regulation, subpoena or government request, or in connection with litigation;
- The disclosure is to outside businesses to perform certain services for us, such as maintaining our Site and Services, confirming your identity for review integrity, and data analysis ("Administrative Service Providers"), including Administrative Service Providers outside the country or jurisdiction in which you reside.
We may disclose aggregate visitor data in order to describe the use of the Site and Services to our existing or potential business partners or other third parties, or in response to a government request.
Choice: Accessing Your Information and Opt-in/Opt-out Requests
To help you review, edit, and control how we use much of the information we collect about you, you can visit your "Manage My Accounts" webpage. On the "Manage My Accounts" webpage, you can update certain information. You cannot, however, unsubscribe from receiving certain emails, such as account status and billing related e-mails, unless you close your account and fulfill any existing contractual obligations.
You can also ask us whether we are keeping information about you; ask how your information is being used; ask us to update or correct your information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing us at Help Desk, PerfectRenters, Ltd., 302 Brome St., Box 247, Yellow Grass, Saskatchewan, S0G 5J0, specifying the nature and scope of your request.
Data Security, Integrity, and Access
The Personal Information you provide and we collect is stored within databases that we control directly or through our Administrative Service Providers. As we deem appropriate and as required by the applicable law, we use security measures appropriate for the sensitivity of the Personal Information and consistent with industry standards, including physical, organizational and technological protections, such as firewalls, to protect your Personal Information. We endeavor to make sure that any third-party vendors processing credit card payments use industry standard encryption technology to protect credit card and password information. However, since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases or those of our third party vendors, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Personal Information may only be accessed by persons within our organization, our third party service providers who require such access to provide you with the services indicated above, or any other party that you have provided us with authorization to share such information with.
We retain Personal Information that we collect only as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or to otherwise meet any legal requirements.
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province/territory, or country where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those where you live. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please be aware that we transfer Personal Information to the United States and process and store it there. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, law enforcement officials and national security authorities in the United States according to its laws. Subject to the applicable laws, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to maintain protections on the Personal Information. By submitting your Personal Information, you consent to having your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States. PerfectRenters may assign you a user ID and a password as part of your participation and access to the Site and Services. Your user ID and password may only be used by you and the members of your household. You may not share your user ID and password with anyone else, and you are solely responsible for maintaining and protecting the confidentiality of your user ID and password. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your user ID and password. You can access and update your login information on your "Manage My Accounts" webpage.
Credit Card Information
We may share credit card information with trusted third parties in order to bill you for our service. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and payments or to validate your credit card information on file. Credit card information is encrypted during transmission and whenever stored within our systems or with our vendors. In addition to utilizing encryption, we take care to store only the amount of information required to bill you for services.
Our credit card processing vendors use security measures to protect your information both during the transaction and after it’s complete. Credit card processing vendors are certified as compliant with multiple industry-standard compliance frameworks including the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Service Provider Level 1, the SSAE-16 audit standard.
Third Party Websites and Links
Please note that you may have cookies placed on your computer by third party websites that refer you to the Site. Although we do not share your Personal Information with these third party websites unless you have authorized us to do so, they may be able to link certain non-personally identifiable information we transfer to them with Personal Information they previously collected from you. Please review the privacy policies of each website you visit to better understand their privacy practices. In addition, PerfectRenters would like to inform you that any time you click on links (including advertising banners), which take you to third party websites, you will be subject to the third parties' privacy policies. While we support the protection of our customer's privacy on the Internet, PerfectRenters expressly disclaims any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including but without limitation to actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of Personal Information by third parties.
PerfectRenters does not intend the Site and Services to be used by individuals under the age of majority within the jurisdiction within which they reside without the supervision of a parent or guardian of majority age. PerfectRenters relies upon such parents or guardians to determine if the Site and Services is appropriate for the viewing, access, or participation by such individuals under the age of majority. If an individual under the age of majority uses the Site and Services, such individual may only use the Site and Services under the supervision of a parent or guardian of majority age.
We do not seek or knowingly collect any Personal Information about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
If you are the parent or guardian of a minor child who has provided us with Personal Information, you may contact us using the information below to request it be deleted.
Governing Law; Visitors Residing Outside the United States
Your California Privacy Rights
You may contact us with any questions, or to request a list of third parties to whom we may disclose information and the categories of information we may disclose. See below: How to Contact us.
How To Contact Us
- We share information with others as more fully set forth above in Disclosures and Transfers of Information.
- We share your information with other parts of our business and with our service providers. See above: Disclosures and Transfers of Information.
Attn: Privacy Officer
302 Brome St., Box 247
Yellow Grass, Saskatchewan
We welcome your questions and comments.